I was excited to see this article last year. Finally! Women who enjoy sex without apology are being recognized. It took me years, decades to admit, even to myself, that I was a sex-positive woman and that didn’t make me a slut, other than to the dominant to whom I was submitting.
After all those years of hearing women needed to be coy and hard to get and never admit to anyone that they enjoyed sex of any kind. Forget kinky sex. Only whores and sluts did that. Bullshit. Okay, well, maybe I am a slut. I now embrace that term positively.
How are some of the items on the list that I personally agreed with and related to…
1. Women who not only enjoy their sexuality, but actively pursues erotic and sensual pleasures.
2. Women who do not feel dependent on their partner for the expression of their sexuality.
3. Women who are confident about their relationship with their own body.
4. Women who have an understanding or desire to understand sex skills — and have cultivated the belief that they are “good at sex” and they seek out information to give themselves more sexual self confidence and expression.
5. Women who think about sex and are curious about sex.
6. Women who have a sense of their sexual anatomy; they self pleasure and enjoy touching their own bodies.
7. Women who explore the world of sexual fantasy and adventure as well as cultivate these qualities in themselves.
9. Women who rejected the traditional shaming leverages that society has often used to keep women attached to the idea that sex is something that they can ONLY feel and express in a committed “love relationship.”
10. Women who do not judge “casual sex.”
11. Women who are able to express their “Yes” and their “No.”
12. Women who are able to hold their erotic boundaries.
13. Women who are supportive of other women having pleasure in their own lives.
14. Women who don’t shame other women for how they dress or for their body size.
I only missed one… this one:
8. Women who express themselves as a sexual being by the clothes they wear.
Because, frankly, I dress for comfort, or I don’t dress at all!! And to be honest I’m the most comfortable wearing nothing at all.
The 14 Characteristics Of A Sexually Confident Woman
On the Huffington Post